Quayside’s vision is to provide long term financial security to its shareholder, the Bay of Plenty Regional Council, through a diversified investment portfolio and through ensuring the POTL shareholding is managed in an effective and commercial manner.
Importantly aligning with the Bay of Plenty regional Council’s long-term plan which states:
“Our financial strategy provides for Quayside Holdings Limited retaining about 20 percent of its profits invest, which will allow them to enhance regional development, diversify to make the dividend more stable, and establish a fund to buffer against poor investment returns.”
The core values of the organisation are:
• Collaborative • Sustainable • Responsible • Commercial • Agile
The guiding principles used by Quayside in achieving its vision are:
- To promote and enhance regional development;
- To be a responsible and commercially focused investor;
- To be an open, transparent, effective and respectful communicator;
- To ensure a long term and intergenerational focus for the benefit of stakeholders;
- Discipline in planning, feedback and evaluation enabling consistently good decision making.